Saturday, February 27, 2016

#sulkinginphuket – part ii.

I would do a more detailed post on Phuket, but .... I don't want to. Phuket is boring and there's tons other blogs who write articles on what to do there and where to eat, so... go Google it yourself.

The day we went island hopping, we took a speedboat from a beach to three other islands – Phi Phi Ley, Phi Phi Don and Maya Cave. Then we snorkelled for a bit, walked on beaches with really beautiful and clean water (although I bet some people of certain nationalities would spoil the fun by hulking up their phlegm and spitting it into the sea), had a buffet lunch, and then lazed under some sun umbrellas. Before you know it, 9am to 5pm would pass by really quickly. And being in the sun made us so sleepy that we dozed off on the speedboat, with our hair whipping all around our faces.




Bikini: South Beach | Shorts: Vintage | Hat: Taobao | Eyewear: Phuket

Mood: when you low-key wanna be a mermaid but the unknown lurking in the sea + rocks scare you to death. There are way too many pics of me looking uncomfortable while resting my butt on the rock – well I was trying my hardest to look like a damn mermaid, ok???

It didn't work out, obviously. I couldn't get comfortable cos the thought of weird dubious stuff hanging about that piece of crust freaked me out.









I went barefaced that day as I didn't want to emerge from the sea looking like a drunk racoon dropped into the water... And the salt water mixed with the strong winds made me look like a raging lion. I guess that's the price to pay for sitting at the back of the boat! Also, I'm really glad I didn't forget to slather on sunblock this time. I didn't get sunburnt, whereas Danial was so badly affected he couldn't even wear his selt belt when he was sending me home upon touchdown, haha.

SUN PROTECTION IS IMPORTANT, KIDS!

P.S. do not buy waste your Thai baht on the zipblock phone cases that's for sale everywhere on the islands. Yeah they're really good at blocking out the water but you can't take a single photo under the water for goodness' sake. Case in point:


The photos from my iPhone looked like they were snapped by a 3 year old child. It turned out the phone's screen couldn't detect salt-watery fingertips. Ok, fine. So I tried pressing the volume button under water to prove I really went snorkelling and swam with fishes!!! It would've made for such a cool Instagram post, right? But alas! My phone case made it really hard to press on the button so my fingers jerked a little too hard and the pics turned out shaky anyway. Gosh. But it's okay, look a little harder and you'll spot a couple of fishes on the right.

Anyway, I hope y'all liked the pictures. The colours in this post make me so happy, and on hindsight, the iPhone pics make for quite a funny story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment