Monday, February 22, 2016

#sulkinginphuket – part i.


So I just returned from Phuket a couple of hours ago, and boy am I glad we cut the trip short. It turns out 2d2n was just enough – I don't know why I was insisting on a 3d3n (we would leave on the 3rd/4th morning) trip.

Anyway, we booked our apartment via AirBNB and it was kinda like the worst decision we've ever made. Of all the accommodations we've stayed at, this was was by far the best aesthetically wise, but other than that, I would give this a huge thumbs down.

Firstly, the condo was up a hill. No problem, my knees are working. But when you get to the lobby, everything is quiet. Dead quiet. And the condo is kinda next to a mini forest/huge shrubbery of sorts. Not even maintained. I think condos and villas are relatively cheap compared to housing in Singapore. A villa costs USD $80k, wtf??? No wonder these expats are buying to rent out to tourists like me. But I digress – secondly, the apartment was so poorly equipped. No bath towel?! No toilet roll?! No window, except for the balcony (which was in the bedroom) (which overlooked the above mentioned weird shrubbery)?! I got the major creeps man. Thirdly, there were weird expanding/contracting sounds in the room and on the second night, I heard a mewing outside my window. Seriously I feel like crying just thinking about it. That's how creeped out I am/was. Also, the air-con seemed to turn on by itself even after we'd turned it off???????

I can't comprehend.

On our last night, I had so much trouble falling asleep. I usually make Danial stay awake til I'm asleep, but it was already 2AM and I knew he was damn tired cos we'd spent the whole day island hopping, so I just gave up and let him sleep first. Anyway before I could get used to being awake by myself in a foreign room, he was already snoring -_-

Btw we'd never seen anyone stepping out of their apartments the whole two days we were there. The only time we met anyone else in the whole condo was at the rooftop pool. Which was really quite pretty, as you'll see in the photos:








Shirt: Hototo | Swimsuit: ASOS | Shorts: Vintage | Hat: Taobao | Bag: New Look via ASOS | Footwear: Birkenstocks | Sunglasses: Quay Australia


I'll try to get more photos up in a couple of days. It's back to the daily grind tomorrow, and I'm kinda dreading it again... But another day of work means another step closer to my dream Balenciaga I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment