Friday, December 18, 2015

Put on your birthday suit

1P1011190

Happy 26th birthday to my ride-or-die.

While you may not be the guy of my dreams*, you're without any doubt the man of my life. From the moment we met, I knew that's it – that's the moment I could finally just call it a day in the dating scene (LOLOLOLOL). Between us, we've celebrated 7 birthdays together, and every year this relationship just keeps getting better. It's not easy, cos I'm a mean bitch and you're a sarcastic old man, but I think that's how we make it work.

Thanks for being the one who navigates on foreign land, thanks for waking up at 4am (SG time) to skype me at 9pm (UK time), thanks for finishing my food, thanks for that first date when you let me stuff my face with macarons and chocolate cake at the now-closed-down Cedele at Shaw, thanks for sticking out your hand to introduce yourself as Danial that fateful day I tapped on your shoulder.

I can't wait to see how the next 26 years pan out.

*I legit had a guy of my dreams, who was actually my senior in Poly. One day I dreamt of him (for no reason) and from that dream onwards, I had a crush on him. How weird right. We called him GOMD, pronounced the way it sounds, and the only advancement the acquaintanceship went to was the occasional smoke breaks in the design school stairwell on the 6th floor. Well, no regrets – I was 18, he had long hair and was super arty, and it was just cool at that point of time ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment