Wednesday, July 19, 2017

setting the tone

i wish i had the same freedom to catalog my outfit posts as frequently as i used to, but work takes up all my time, and most days my schedule clashes with my photographer (aka boyfriend)'s. every time i wear something bomb-ass to work, i'd catch a glimpse of my outfit in reflections and feel really pitiful for myself LOL – such a nice outfit and ain't no one gonna snap a photo for me.

in any case, working in a bookstore means lots of movement on a daily basis, and the last thing i want is shit getting in my way. i've taken to wearing trousers quite a lot (also cos our cats tend to get aggressive right around meal times, and even after so many months, i'm damn paranoid of getting scratched by them), and this is basically what i wear every day, except i swap out the bag for a canvas tote. again, becos cats.

IMG_1014
c1
IMG_1015
IMG_1010
c2
IMG_1016
top: zara | trousers: soeurs.co | belt: vintage | shoes: dr martens | eyewear: sunnies studio | bag: tallulah

tonal dressing is easily one of my favourite ways of putting an outfit together. i love how this coordination looks so preppy, kinda like a school-boy-meets-city-girl vibe. the entire ensemble comes together with my gemma bag, which is a perfectly balanced mix of feminine and masculine details. if i were in a colder country, i would have also popped a beret on to complete the look – unfortunately it's 36Âșc in singapore, and also my bangs don't sit well under a hat.

gosh i love fashion so much. i want to live and breathe fabrics and cuts and prints....

No comments:

Post a Comment