Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bangkok, Thailand: Slow Cafe by Room 111

P1011155

Slow Cafe is actually housed under Room 111, which is a shared co-working space. The vibes exuded were exactly like its namesake – slow and tranquil. It also helped that at 11 AM, Danial and I were the only patrons around, so the cafe was quiet and peaceful.

Of course we didn't stay for long: I kept checking the time on my phone to see we've exceeded 40 minutes (20 minutes spent taking photos LOL) (another 5 looking at the pics) (the other 15 trying to drink half my coffee and getting chided by Danial cos I always never finish my food/drinks), and Danial said we ought to take things slow, seeing that we're in the SLOW CAFE (ha, punny). I'm impatient by nature, and I don't really like sitting around doing nothing. Especially when I'm on a mission to save my phone battery (long day ahead without heading back to the hotel to refuel the phone).

Also, I apologize for the brackets – too much information to share hahaha. Important information, may I add.

P1011141

P1011119

P1011190

P1011142

P1011121

1

P1011148

Food was subpar; can't comment on the coffee cos I'm no connoisseur. Anyway, the thing about cafes these days is that the aesthetics are always on point but the food is far from anything worth a thumbs up. But the location was easy to spot and the fact that it wasn't crowded with tourists is always a good thing.

On a side note, I'm currently on the second (and last day) of my medical leave.... It's been soo nice having the home alone to myself on a weekday afternoon. I've missed the lazy nua-sai afternoons that I used to enjoy before work started. And tomorrow onwards it'll be back to the daily grind. Oh well, at least there's another long weekend to look forward to next month, as well as Phuket..

No comments:

Post a Comment