Friday, January 1, 2016

+365

best9
2015 best nine i.e. photos with the most number of likes on Intagram lol

Where did the time go? All of a sudden it's 1st of January again and I've already been on this earth for 23.4 years and soon I'll have my own house etc etc. I thought I would be more adultish by now but it turns out every day is just a struggle of finding someone else who's more adult than me to be the adult.

New Year Resolutions are lame – I don't think I've ever stuck to any, and I don't see the point. Why must one wait till the new year to stop a bad habit or lose weight? It's like people who only wait til CNY to do spring cleaning. Erm. Your house must be a real dump if you only clear your shit once a year. Can you imagine all the nonsense stuff piling up waiting for you to attend to them like just 2 weeks before CNY? THE HORROR. For God's sake, go clean regularly.

But I digress.

As I'd wanted to say before I was rudely interrupted (by myself, no less lol), the point of this blog post is just to look back at the shit I've spent money on, the crap I've eaten and the nice photos I'd taken time to take this year. Obviously.


IMG_3889

In 2015 we went to our first outdoor concert. I had my photo taken for some random magazine and 'til today I still have no idea which magazine was it (the journalist who approached me had a strong European accent and obviously I had to play it cool so I didn't ask her to repeat herself lol).

P1016207

2015 was also the year I threw away my first pair of Dr Martens. The leather around the opening had already gotten loose and it was impossible to walk 3 steps without having the shoe slip off so it was with deep regret that I shoved the box down the rubbish chute. I think it was my first expensive pair of shoes and I'd gotten it when I was 19. I walked the shit out of it so it was money well spent. It was also very well travelled... We went to Ireland, England, France and Italy together #myfirstbae.

On the topic of spending money, sometime around July I read Harper & Harley's article about owning a good leather bag. Up until then, my favourite ASOS bucket bag, which I'd used for 2 years day in day out (I loved it), had snapped at the chains. So I had to get a new replacement bag. That was probably the beginning of my crazy spending.

P1013652

P1014010

P1014762

The Furla was a gift for my 23rd, and while it's of a useless size, it's still pretty. Which was why I wanted it. The Rebecca Minkoff.. well I had no reason/excuse. I just wanted it. Then I got a Mini Pashli, which is really the best $1k+ spent. I use it almost every day and it's a perfect size for an every day bag. I also brought it to Bangkok cos it didn't look flashy to the extent someone might rob and drug me and sell my kidney to the black market.

P1010593

THIS^ This would probably cause me a kidney had I brought it with me to Bangkok. While I'm totally in love with it, this bag must be the most unnecessary and luxurious item I've ever purchased. But if i were to go back a few months and rethink my decisions, I would definitely still make the purchase.

P1015226
#whoworeitbetter: Team Rachel vs Team Danial.

sam5

If you thought that's where it ends... One day while trawling ASOS, I came across this Matt & Nat bag. I didn't need it; I just wanted it. So there you go. $250 gone. I mean if I had to justify my actions, I don't own a bag in burgundy. And this was vegan leather – very sustainable right?! Doing good for the economy AS WELL AS environment. Btw my first M&N bag is a satchel in a gorgeous camel shade. I love it too although I seldom use it.

P1014014

As for wallets.... Earlier in the year I got this See by Chloe wallet to replace my old Versace. I must admit I was more drawn to the packaging than the wallet itself. It was a little small and nondescript so within 3 months, I got rid of it and spoilt myself with another.

P1010550
This. The classic Ferragamo with a Vara bow. 
P.S.: Pretzel not included.

Sometime towards the end of the year, I was really itching for a YSL camera bag. It was the model I'd originally wanted when I first entered the boutique, but it was as useless as the Furla, so there was no point. But the problem with me is that once I want to spend money, I HAVE to buy something. So in the end, I got a Miu Miu.

P1011196
My Miu and my Beau. #sowitty

P1010623

The packaging is just too pretty!!! My heart almost broke when the parcel arrived in the mail. I ripped open the box and when I saw my bag wrapped in a dusty pink bag,... I lost it. I almost love the dust bag more than the Miu Miu itself.

P1010888

I'd never have thought there will come a time when I'm just sick of spending. I feel like I've hit my quota for expensive bags and I don't even want to buy any more.

(Forgot to mention I also got an Opening Ceremony bag. I don't have any pictures of it cos I deleted them from my SD card but it's probably on my Instagram)

Materialism aside, 2015 was also a good year for Triple Chin Bakery. We'd started out in late 2013 as just an avenue for my mum to share her cakes and bakes on Instagram. Then this year, more and more orders started coming in.

P1013801

Pistachio cream cheese cake with a pink base cos I requested for it. It was so pretty!!!! Most people like having their cakes warmed up, but I love to have mine straight out of the fridge.

P1014058

We had a commission for an SG50 office party, and upon seeing the photos, another customer contacted us saying they wanted cupcakes to celebrate someone's 70th birthday. His initials were SC, and they wanted SC70 banners all over the cakes, haha.

P1011783

P1011748

Our last order for the year was 10 boxes of Chocolate Gems. Each box is 200g worth of gems and costs $18. They're white chocolate drops with premium ingredients such as cranberries and pistachio. Some sea salt is sprinkled over each gem to bring out the sweetness of the white chocolate. Super nice, no lie. An indulgence worth the X calories lol. Drop me an email if you're interested in ordering anything! Instagram: @triplechinbakery

P1010475

P1014669

All's good on the work front as well. Unexpected collaborations, food (that's always included in the package lol), and so many opportunities.

P9062147

P1011180
Wow my face looks like a steamed bun??????

My family's healthy, we've got another degree holder amongst us, everything's dandy. So that's the end of my 2015. May 2016 see me having more self-restraint, just so I don't buy everything that's in plain sight.

In other news, I'll try to compile my Bangkok photos and put them in a blog post soon............

No comments:

Post a Comment